|The outdoor terrace of the Chateau Eza's restaurant featured|
in "The Bucket List"~
|No cars or bikes are permitted in the village...|
donkeys bring up bags and supplies...
|Meet the bellhops...|
|Hotel Cap Estel is on the beach and down the hill from Chateau Eza.|
Love the all white spare rooms...
|The gorgeous pre-Princess Grace of Monaco...|
Without over-thinking it, why not write down 10-things that give you joy? For me they are:
1) My son...who lights-up my heart and is every gift and blessing possible. Thinking of him makes me feel like the richest person ever. He's my greatest joy.
2) Outdoor exercise amid nature's...sounds, sights, fragrance, wild and plant life is a reinvigorating joy.
3) Beauty...that that nurtures and abounds everywhere...in the arts, in new places, old places, young faces, old faces...in poetry...(here).
4) Creativity...is the joy of making and building things. For me, in the past, that especially meant managing 100s of design-build projects, designing fundraiser balls and events, etc. My art teacher, Sister Cabrini, said, 'Do every smallest thing as beautifully as possible and it will add up to a beautiful life." It doesn't matter the size or scope of creativity. The nature of the Universe is creativity. When you are creating you are joyfully in sync with the cosmos.
5) Color~As the painter Léger exclaimed on spotting a red rose in a white niche, "Imagine the beauty in that." Nature's own color palette is a learning lab of joy...
6) Order~ Clarity, clean lines, spartan habits, "Order is Heaven's first law"...wrote Alexander Pope.
7) All Organic, Healthy and Green~ I love all natural things...piles of colorful organic produce at Farmer's Markets...organic cotton or other natural fibers. My goal is an all natural, sustainable home with garden, solar, a well, on a car-free island...like Ile de Brehat...off Celtic Brittany. The urban garden, small home, green movement...I find full of joys.
9) The Internet~ I've always been a book, library, film and bookstore hound...the web puts everything at hand...How joyous is that?
10) Thoughts~ They can take us anywhere, and everywhere. Back with those who are gone. Up to the Saints, Archangels and God. "Guard your thoughts they are making you." Quality thoughts can add-up to a joyful life. There are times, people, and events that can have cumulative impact and bring the strongest down. That's when it's even more necessary to count ones blessings and joys. Think of ten, then ten more...and the riches and gratitude will pile-up.
Another joy is discovering places like Chateau Eza in Eze, France. It would be heaven to sit out on the deck in the sun with a dish of...
Honeysuckle Ice Cream~
2 cups organic whole milk
2 cups heavy cream
¾ cup granulated sugar
3 cups clean honeysuckle flowers
12 egg yolks
In a heavy-bottomed stainless steel pot combine and heat the first three ingredients. In the mean time, separate eggs and reserve yolks in a medium-sized bowl.
When liquid begins to boil, add the honeysuckle flowers. The flowers should be quickly submerged into the liquid and then left to stand. Within 20 seconds, the mixture should again begin to boil.
Once the mixture has begun to boil again, gently pour the liquid into the yolks, whisking constantly. Strain the mixture through a fine mesh strainer into a stainless metal container and chill immediately in an ice water bath, stirring gently to cool. Once cool, place into ice cream machine and follow manufacturer’s instructions.
Philip Freneau's "The Wild Honeysuckle" recited here: (here)
Django Reinhardt's "Honeysuckle Rose": (here).